Saturday, April 28, 2012

Nature at her best


After months of not seeing any deer on the trail they are finally showing themselves.  Probably because the bow hunters aren't there any longer. They have taken enough deer!!!!
I usually see deer all year round and it didn't amazing to me to see them.  NOW, it is rare and I get excited seeing them again.
The tree swallows are claiming their nesting places.  They are so cute
A Bluebird?? A rarity to me.  So beautiful
Spring's birth. How amazing this process is. The first buds are showing off their tiny leaves. Close to unfurling 

The first turtle I have seen this year.  I was very excited to discover it. Now waiting for the hummingbirds to arrive
The grass on the trail is greening up
The Marsh Marigold has arrived.  I didn't know what this flower was. But a couple of people informed me. Thanks
The wild cucumber's are showing off. They are everywhere
The Chickadee checking in on her babies
The Common Merganser.  The top one is the female, the bottom the male.  However, I thought the female had ragged "hair" on her head.  Maybe this one is a young female.

 One of the many willows on the trail.  Several are growing right on the shore out of the rocks
 I did not know that this was poison ivy.  I just thought they were some kind of berry. Oh dear
 I love when the European Larch starts showing off its' leaves.
That blue sky. Kind of an eerie picture.

Thanks for taking the time to walk the trail with me.

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

Oh my, I LOVE these pictures! You saw a bluebird?? They are SO pretty.

Rachelle said...

P.S. I love the two deer photos as well. I was scrolling down really slow because I thought maybe you'd show a pic of a snake! Whew, made it this time w/out one. :o)

Michael said...

Just got found the "hidden' blog, just discovered it. Love the deer portrait, and the three birds, shades of Hitchcock. Like your start to using the soft focus, makes things pop.

Frank Meuers said...

Great pictures. I walked with a deer yesterday as well,and she didn't seem all that spooked. We have blue birds across the street, and the ducks, geese, and cardinals are all nesting here. Beautiful time of the year, and the blessing of rain has brought life back in abundance. Thanks for sharing your stroll with us.

Basque-Land said...

Love the eerie picture. So symbolic of anything "twilight". Wow I haven't been to the blog sight for awhile. I just found a scrap of paper in my car where I had jotted down "white bisquit clouds". Better git busy eh?